I was looking through some really embarrassing old blog post the other day, literally sat with my hand over my mouth whilst I was reading them, which to be fair I’m sure in a few years time I’ll do the same for this one. But I realised I’d never really wrote a blog post just about me. With some little facts about the girl behind CharlotteSamantha. Although I am sure that you all pretty much know who I am now, I thought for some of the newbies out there,hello you all! It would be nice to sit and just chat about me. yup, this is me.
- CharlotteSamantha – Well Charlotte is my first name and Samantha is my middle so it just made sense. Little bit of inside info for you my two older brothers were asked what they thought my mam and dad should call me they both decided on Samantha, my parents didn’t love it so instead they made it my middle name. So I suppose I have my brothers to thank for that one.
- I started this blog back in 2014 so it turned a two this year! The main reason I started it was that I needed something to do. At the time I was at uni and hated it, I hated everything about it. I felt I was kinda in one of those situations where I didn’t know how to get out. I spent most days (when I wasnt in Uni) sat in my room board, wondering what on earth I was going to do. So CharlotteSamantha was created.
- I don’t drink alcohol. I know, I am 20 and should be living it up in Ibiza, but to be honest alcohol scares the shit out of me. I just hate what it can do to your body and the results is had on you. Instead my wild saturday nights at spent in front of the tv drinking a nice cup of tea.
- This one comes by no surprise I am obsessed with beauty. Literally anything related to it and I am in. The one thing I would say is that I lack the confidence to share anything that I do with beauty. yeah I am happy to write reviews etc but when it comes to putting make-up posts up of my face I go into my shell. That scares me and annoys me at the same time. By no means am I amazing at make-up but that comes with practice that I’m never really going to get from a confidence point of view.
- I study beauty therapy and make-up artistry online. I started this last year when I was working in a call centre (literally the worst few months of my life). I was working 11 hour shifts for four days and then had four days off which meant I had a lot of free time to get my course done. I love it, the only thing I would say I struggled with to start with was actually teaching myself the information and being confident enough to really listen to myself. Another confidence issue I know, are you sensing a theme yet? a lot of people ask me so what are you going to do once you have finished your course, nothing. Because I started this course as a hobby I had a lot of free time that I didn’t know what to do with so I started it. For nothing more than enjoyment.
I never thought that I would struggle with writing a post about me, but this one has been seriously hard. If I am struggling with a post it’s normally at the very beginning and once my fingers are bouncing off the keyboard we are away but today I found myself stuck. I havent included loads in this post purely for that reason but I definitely think I’ll be doing more in the next few months, maybe focusing more on certain areas such as confidence etc. Let me know if you would like any of these explained in a separate post!