I have to admit im not the biggest fan of bananas. I mean I’d eat them if I was told I would live forever by eating them but it’s not something I would go, ‘ooo, I’ll have a banana’. But if you add it into a cake and throw in some chocolate, then I am all for it. That’s where the amazing banana bread comes into play. As part of the ingredients involves three bananas its healthy right? Well at least that’s what I tell myself when I eat one whole loaf once its baked. I found this recipe super simple and easy to follow, so thought why not snap some shots and get it up for you all. Then when your off for Easter you can grab the ingredients in and have some chocolate without feeling too bad about it. Although lets face it, we will all be sat stuffing our face with as much chocolate as possible.
250 grams all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
125 grams softened butter
235 grams muscovado or dark brown sugar
3 to 4 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
100 grams dark chocolate
1.Pre heat oven to 180c and line your loaf tin with parchment paper
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until fully combined. Sift together the flour and Baking Powder
3. Peel the bananas and mash until they are still slightly lumpy and not a puree.
4. Add the vanilla extract into the bananas.
5. Chop up your chocolate and fold into the sugar mixture adding the bananas and flour gradually.
6. Pour batter into your lined loaf tin and add to the oven for 50 minutes. Then test loaf, by putting in a skewer and waiting for it to come out clean. If not add for another 5 minutes until skewer comes out clean.
7. Once cooked take out of the oven and allow to cool before slicing and enjoying.
You can find me: