You didn’t think I was going to go this year with no Halloween post did you? And did you really think I could go this long without putting a foodie post up! I’m a huge fan of toffee apples but I can never finish a full one and they are possibly one of the hardest things I have ever tried to eat. When I saw the candy apples popping up on my facebook page I knew I needed to try and make them as an alternative to the usual toffee apples. They may not look amazing, but they taste so good.
What you will need:
Apple of choice, I went with Granny Smith as these where the biggest I could find
White Chocolate Caramel Sauce
Decorations of choice, I went with M&M’s, sprinkles and some gingerbread man cookie
Its super simple to make, honestly, follow these step by step instructions and you’ll be feeling like Mary Berry in no time!
- Cut your apples into the size you want your candy apples
- Melt down your milk chocolate and coat this over your apples
- Pop them in the fridge for ten minutes, you don’t want them to fully set but you want the chocolate to start to set
- Melt down your white chocolate and drizzle over the candy apples
- Add your decoration of choice by pushing into the semi set chocolate
- Pop them back into the fridge until set
- Grab a stick and get eating